A dental implant is practically a replacing a tooth with a titanium metal post placed into the jawbone underneath the gum line that acts as a support for one or more false teeth. An implant is much stronger than a denture. Implants are also considered beneficial for general oral health as they need not be anchored to other teeth. There are certain criteria that you should fulfill if you considering implants like adequate bone and healthy gums. If your bone is soft or thin and not able to support an implant, you have to undergo a bone graft. At times when the bone height is low in the upper jaw, or the sinuses are close to the jaw, a sinus lift may be required.
Why Tempe Smile
If you are based at the Tempe area and planning to go for any dental implants, then you can consider getting it done from Tempe Smile Design that provides the ideal restoration service. Their doctors are highly committed to delivering the best results in case of both placement and restoration procedures and work in close coordination with their surgeons. They offer dedicated service in storing the smile of their patients. If you want to schedule an implant today, then visit their website today and book an appointment. They provide an array of restoration service that will help you replace your missing teeth and provide support and stability to the jawline.
Types of Dental Implant
The surgeons at Tempe Smile Design are an expert in deciding the exact location of an implant for carrying out any successful treatment. The procedure of successful placement is achieved with the help of 3D imaging. They surgeons provide a permanent solution in replacing the missing teeth of any patient. There are two types of dental implant:
- Single Tooth Replacement – At Tempe Smile Design clinic they provide you with natural-looking, high-quality crowns for restoring individual implants. Unlike the traditional bridges that use the adjacent teeth to give support to the missing tooth, implant-supported crowns are entirely independent and replace the missing tooth, without affecting any of the healthy neighboring teeth.
- Multiple Tooth Replacement –They provide two options for the patients who suffer from the problem of multiple missing teeth or an entire arch of missing teeth.
Unlike dental implants, the traditional dentures rest on top of the gum tissue and destroy the bone. This results in bone recession and gives you an aged appearance. Its list of benefit are as follows:
- Implants can restore the chewing power of your natural teeth.
- Implants can normally last for a lifetime. The titanium piece that integrates with the jawbone is bio-compatible, i.e., it is non-toxic and gladly accepted by the body.
- Implants prevent bone loss.
- The implants help in keeping the adjacent teeth stable.
- Such implants help keep you free from any gum disease. A gap caused by a missing tooth can easily trap bacteria and food thus leading to gum disease.
- Implants prevent sagging of the skin and premature aging.